CST 338.2 Module Two

 

 CST 338.2 Module Two

2.1 Accomplishing the First HW Assignment

    This week consisted of a crash course of implementing a few new tools we've started to develop with, namely jUnit for testing and git for version control. This assignment took a little bit more work than I was expecting, talking with classmates, it required a lot of debugging and learning how to use jUnit properly along with git commits and merges. Honestly, I definitely overlooked that aspect of it at first glance, and had several instances, I wish I could have started from scratch instead. However it helped me to learn a few of the git commands, how often I should be committing, merging and pushing my project, since the version control system allows for the most amount of flexibility. I also had issues with the jUnit tests not working, and frankly I had overlooked the prompt, since the method was covered in lab I had never thought to address it. 

I do think overall I learned a lot about these new toolsets though, and definitely feel more prepared for the next assignments, since Dr. C tasked us also for the week to begin two other assignments, which aided me with repetition and gaining familiarity with using repos.

Comments

Popular Posts